- Symmetric intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) has a growth pattern where all biometric measurements are affected to the same degree.
- Asymmetric IUGR has growth with small abdominal circumference (AC) compared with other growth parameters:
- Abnormal head circumference/AC (HC/AC) ratio
- Abnormal femur length/AC (FL/AC) ratio.
- The objectives of this study were:
(1) To determine the joint probability distributions of growth parameters describing Weight/Length and Head Circumference (WT/LEN/HC) from age 0 to 24 mo, and
(2) To study symmetry across the 3 growth measures to provide useful quantitative guidance to Zika clinicians and researchers on measurements of individuals with a normal/mild-to-moderate/small head relative to other anthropometric measures.